The New Jersey Prepaid Debit MasterCard®, also known as the New Jersey EPPI Card is the fast, safe, and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Child Support payments. New Jersey implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their Child Support payments. For help with your New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard®, continue reading below.
New Jersey EPPI Card (New Jersey Debit MasterCard®)
- Can be used to make purchases anywhere MasterCard® Debit Cards are accepted
- No fees for Purchases using signature at Point-of-Sale locations. There is fee when you get “cash back” with your purchase
- Get cash at any ATM displaying the MasterCard® logo
- No charge for first monthly cash withdrawals at Wells Fargo Bank ATMs
- Get two (2) free balance inquiries at ATMs each month
- Four (4) free calls to Customer Service IVR each month to check your account balance or to hear your transaction history
- Contact Email Support – available online for all your Customer Service Questions 24/7
How to Contact New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard
For questions related to the New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard for Child Support, call their toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-866-461-4094. You can also visit them online at www.eppicard.com.
For International callers, please call 1-801-352-3278 to contact New Jersey EPPICard Customer Service. They are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen EPPICard
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your New Jersey EPPICard
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
How to Activate the New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard
To activate your New Jersey MasterCard® for Child Support payments, call the toll-free phone number at 1-866-461-4094 to set up your 4-digit PIN and start using your card today.
Before you can create your PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- New Jersey EPPI Card MasterCard® Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive child support payments until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
New Jersey Child Support Card Balance Check
To access your New Jersey EPPICard balance and transaction history, please login your New Jersey EPPICard online account. To login, visit your the NJ EPPICard Account home page.
For more help with your New Jersey EPPICard including online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your New Jersey EPPICard for Child Support payments, continue reading below.
New Jersey EPPICard Account Login
If you need help logging into your New Jersey EPPICard account, read our article on EPPICard New Jersey Login.
To register your card or log into your New Jersey Debit Card account, click here.
New Jersey Child Support Payment Schedule
New Jersey Child Support payments are available in your New Jersey MasterCard® account for use on the banking day after your payment is deposited, received and processed.
Your Child Support payments are posted in accordance with monthly and weekly payment cycles. If you have questions about your New Jersey Child Support payments, including when your payment cycle, please call 1-877-655-4371.
New Jersey Child Support Card ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your New Jersey MasterCard® by using “in-network” PNC Bank and MoneyPass ATMs or MasterCard® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard® provides one (1) FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals per month at in-network PNC Bank or MoneyPass ATM locations. Any PNC Bank or MoneyPass ATM Cash Withdrawals over your one free monthly withdrawals will incur a $1.25 fee.
Any ATM Cash Withdrawal conducted at an out-of-network ATM is subject to a $1.25 per transaction fee.
For transactions outside of the United States, there is a $3.00 fixed fee, plus a 2% conversion fee for each International ATM Cash Withdrawal or Transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the New Jersey MasterCard® provides one (1) FREE per month at any MasterCard Member Bank. Any additional Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals over the one free will incur a $2.00 fee.
New Jersey MasterCard® Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your New Jersey MasterCard® include:
- $0.20 fee for each purchase using your PIN number
- $0.40 fee for each ATM denial when there are no available funds to cover your request
- $5.00 fee for each card replacement after your one (1) FREE card replacement
- $12.00 fee for expedited 3-5 business day delivery for replacement cards
How to Avoid New Jersey MasterCard® Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your New Jersey MasterCard® is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at MasterCard® approved merchant locations
- Make POS transactions using your signature
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at PNC or MoneyPass ATM locations
- Make balance inquiries online by using your New Jersey EPPICard account
New Jersey EPPICard Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and phishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, EPPICard Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your New Jersey EPPICard account has been compromised, please call New Jersey MasterCard® Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your New Jersey Child Support payments.
New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard® Expiration
The New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard® is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new New Jersey Prepaid MasterCard® will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, call the Customer Service hotline (1-866-461-4094) or click here to find out how to update your address. Your new New Jersey MasterCard® cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your New Jersey Child Support payments.