The New Jersey Debit MasterCard® is the safe and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Foster Care payments. The New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF) implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their Foster Care and Adoption payments. For help with your New Jersey EPPICard by MasterCard®, continue reading below.
New Jersey EPPI Card (New Jersey Debit MasterCard®)
- New Jersey Debit MasterCard® can be used to make purchases worldwide, anywhere MasterCard® Debit Cards are accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a safe and secure way to access your New Jersey Foster Care & Adoption Payments
- Use your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® to make purchases & get free cash back at any MasterCard® accepted merchant
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash fast at any MasterCard® approved bank tellers or MoneyPass ATM locations
- Unlimited 24/7 online access your available New Jersey MasterCard® balance and transaction history
- Get help 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free MasterCard® Debit Card Customer Service Phone Number
How to Contact New Jersey Debit MasterCard
For questions related to the New Jersey EPPICard (New Jersey Debit MasterCard®) for Foster Care, call their toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-866-461-4094. You can also visit them online at www.eppicard.com.
For International callers, please contact Customer Service at 1-801-352-3278. New Jersey EPPICard Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen EPPICard
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your New Jersey EPPICard
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
How to Activate New Jersey Debit MasterCard
To activate your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® for Foster Care and Adoption payments, call the toll-free phone number at 1-866-461-4094 to set up your PIN and start using your card today.
Before you can create your 4-digit PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- New Jersey Debit MasterCard® Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive foster care or adoption payments until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
New Jersey Debit MasterCard Balance Check
To access your New Jersey EPPICard balance and transaction history, please login your New Jersey EPPICard online account. To login, visit your the NJ EPPICard Account home page here.
For more help with your New Jersey EPPICard including online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your New Jersey EPPICard for Foster Care & Adoption payments, continue reading below.
New Jersey EPPICard Account Login
If you need help logging into your New Jersey EPPICard account, read our article on EPPICard New Jersey Login.
New Jersey Foster Care and Adoption Payment Schedule
New Jersey Foster Care and Adoption payments are available in your New Jersey Debit Mastercard® account for use on the banking day after your payment is deposited, received and processed.
If you have questions about your New Jersey Foster Care or Adoption payments, including when your payments will be deposited to your EPPICard™, please contact the New Jersey Department of Children and Families. To contact the New Jersey DCF, call their Customer Service phone number at 1-855-463-6323.
New Jersey Debit MasterCard ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® by using “in-network” MoneyPass ATMs or MasterCard® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The New Jersey Debit MasterCard® provides one (1) FREE ATM Cash Withdrawal per month at in-network MoneyPass ATM locations. Any MoneyPass ATM Cash Withdrawals over your one free monthly withdrawal will incur a $1.25 fee.
Any ATM Cash Withdrawal conducted at an out-of-network ATM is subject to a $1.25 per transaction fee.
For transactions outside of the United States, there is a $3.00 fixed fee, plus a 2% conversion fee for each International ATM Cash Withdrawal or Transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the New Jersey Debit MasterCard® provides one (1) FREE per month. Any additional Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals will incur a $2.00 fee.
New Jersey Debit MasterCard Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® include:
- $0.20 fee for every purchase made using your PIN (debit purchase)
- $0.40 fee for every ATM denial
- $5.00 card replacement fee outside of your allotted one free card replacement per year
- $12.00 fee for expedited 3-5 business day card delivery
How to Avoid New Jersey Debit MasterCard Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at MasterCard® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at MoneyPass ATM locations
- When making a purchase with your New Jersey MasterCard® EPPICard select “Credit” at the point-of-sale machine.
New Jersey EPPICard Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and phishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, EPPICard Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your New Jersey EPPICard account has been compromised, please call New Jersey Debit MasterCard® Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your New Jersey Foster Care and Adoption payments.
New Jersey Debit MasterCard Expiration
The New Jersey Debit MasterCard® is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new New Jersey Debit MasterCard® will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, call the Customer Service hotline (1-866-461-4094) or click here to find out how to update your address. Your new New Jersey Debit MasterCard® cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your New Jersey Foster Care or Adoption payments.
New Jersey Foster Care & Adoption Card Help
For more information on your New Jersey Debit MasterCard® for Foster Care or Adoption payments, check out our detailed New Jersey Foster Care & Adoption Card article.
If you are also receiving Unemployment payments in New Jersey, check out our information on the New Jersey Unemployment MasterCard.