The New Mexico VISA® Debit Card is the safe and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Foster Care and Adoption payments. The New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their Foster Care and Adoption payments. For help with your New Mexico EPPICard by VISA® Debit Card, continue reading below.
New Mexico EPPI Card (New Mexico VISA® Prepaid Debit Card)
- New Mexico Prepaid VISA® Debit Cards can be used to make purchases worldwide, anywhere VISA® is accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a safe and secure way to access your New Mexico Foster Care & Adoption Payments
- Use your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card to make purchases & get free cash back at any VISA® merchant
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash fast at any VISA® bank teller or Wells Fargo ATM location
- Unlimited 24/7 online access to your available New Mexico VISA® Debit Card balance and transaction history
- Customer service is available 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free VISA® Debit Card Phone Number
How to Contact New Mexico VISA Debit Card
For questions related to the New Mexico EPPICard (New Mexico Prepaid VISA® Debit Card) for Foster Care, call their toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-866-898-2213. You can also visit them online at www.eppicard.com.
For International callers, please visit this link for help on how to contact New Mexico EPPICard Customer Service. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.</p>
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen EPPICard
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your New Mexico EPPICard
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
How to Activate the New Mexico Prepaid VISA Debit Card
To activate your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card for Foster Care and Adoption payments, call the toll-free phone number at 1-866-898-2213 to set up your 4-digit PIN and start using your card today.
Before you can create your PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- New Mexico VISA® Card Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive foster care or adoption payments until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
New Mexico VISA Debit Card Balance Check
To access your New Mexico EPPICard balance and transaction history, please login your New Mexico EPPICard online account. To login, visit your the NM EPPICard Account home page here.
For more help with your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card including online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your New Mexico EPPICard for Foster Care and Adoption payments, continue reading below.
New Mexico EPPICard Account Login
If you need help logging into your New Mexico EPPICard account, read our article on EPPICard New Mexico Login.
New Mexico Foster Care and Adoption Payment Schedule
New Mexico Foster Care and Adoption payments are available in your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card account for use on the banking day after your payment is deposited, received and processed.
Your Foster Care and Adoption payments are posted in accordance with CYFD monthly and weekly payment cycles. If you have questions about your New Mexico Foster Care or Adoption payments, including when your payment cycle, please contact the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD). To contact the New Mexico CYFD, call their Customer Service phone number at 1-800-432-2075.
New Mexico VISA® Debit Card ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card by using “in-network” Wells Fargo ATMs or VISA® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The New Mexico VISA® Debit Card provides four (4) FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals per month at in-network Wells Fargo ATM locations. Any Wells Fargo ATM Cash Withdrawals over your four free monthly withdrawals will incur a $1.50 fee.
Any ATM Cash Withdrawal conducted at an out-of-network ATM is subject to a $1.50 per transaction fee.
For transactions outside of the United States, there is a $3.50 fixed fee, plus a 2% conversion fee for each International ATM Cash Withdrawal or Transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the New Mexico VISA® Debit Card provides four (4) FREE per month at any VISA Member Bank or Credit Union location. Any additional Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals over the four free will incur a $5.00 fee.
New Mexico VISA® Debit Card Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card include:
- $0.50 fee for each call to Customer Service that exceeds your four free calls per month
- $0.10 fee for each instant mobile balance inquiry outside your one free per month
- $5.00 fee for each transfer from your debit card to your personal bank account
- $15.00 card replacement fee outside of your allotted one free card replacement per year
- $15.00 fee for expedited 3-5 business day card delivery
How to Avoid New Mexico VISA® Debit Card Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at VISA® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at Wells Fargo ATM locations
- Make balance inquiries online by using your New Mexico EPPICard account
New Mexico EPPICard Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and vishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, EPPICard Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your New Mexico EPPICard account has been compromised, please call New Mexico VISA® Debit Card Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your New Mexico Foster Care and Adoption payments.
New Mexico VISA® Debit Card Expiration
The New Mexico VISA® Debit Card is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new New Mexico VISA® Debit Card will be mailed out to you 30-days before the card expiration date.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, call the Customer Service hotline (1-866-898-2213) or click here to find out how to update your address. Your new New Mexico VISA® Debit Card cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your New Mexico Foster Care or Adoption payments.
New Mexico Foster Care & Adoption Card Help
For more information on your New Mexico VISA® Debit Card for Foster Care or Adoption payments, check out our detailed New Mexico Foster Care & Adoption Card article.
If you are also receiving Child Support payments in New Mexico, check out our information on the New Mexico Child Support VISA® Debit Card.