The Georgia Unemployment Insurance (UI) Way2Go Card by Debit MasterCard® is the safe and convenient electronic payment system for receiving unemployment insurance payments. The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) has implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their UI benefit payments.
Georgia’s Unemployment Debit Card replaces paper unemployment checks. Individuals that are approved to receive Georgia Unemployment benefits and not enrolled in direct deposit, will automatically receive a Georgia UI Way2Go Card in the mail.
For help with your Georgia Unemployment Debit Card, continue reading below.
Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard®
- Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard® can be used worldwide, anywhere MasterCard® is accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a secure way to access your Georgia Unemployment Payments
- Use your Georgia Way2Go Unemployment Card to make purchases & get cash back at MasterCard® merchants
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash at any MasterCard® bank teller or Comerica and MoneyPass ATM locations
- Unlimited 24/7 online access to your Georgia UI Way2Go MasterCard® balance and transaction history
- Customer service is available 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free Unemployment Debit Card Phone Number
How to Contact Georgia UI Debit Card Customer Service
For questions related to the Georgia UI Way2Go Card, call their toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-888-929-2460. You can also visit them online at www.goprogram.com.
For International callers, please contact GA Way2Go Card Customer Service by calling 1-866-569-4494 or by using the phone number listed on the back of your Georgia Unemployment Card.
Georgia Way2Go Card Customer Service is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You can call UI Card Customer Service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen GA Way2Go Card
- Check your Georgia Unemployment balance
- Change your Debit Card PIN
- Review Georgia Unemployment benefits transaction history
- Register a complaint about your GA Way2Go Card
- Have questions about card usage
- Ask questions about international card usage
Georgia UI Debit MasterCard® Fraud Prevention
Occasionally the Way2Go fraud prevention team may call you to verify if a specific transaction. If they do call you, they will NEVER ask for your social security number (SSN) or PIN number. Do not provide that information to anyone over the phone.
If you are unsure if a call is legitimate, hang up and call the Way2Go toll-free customer service phone number listed on the back of the card.
How to Activate Georgia Unemployment Way2Go Card
To activate your Georgia Unemployment Card by Debit MasterCard® and start receiving your unemployment insurance (UI) payments, call the toll-free phone number at 1-888-929-2460. You can set up your PIN to start using your Way2Go Card and Georgia unemployment benefits today!
Before you can create your 4-digit PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- Georgia Debit MasterCard® Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive your cash benefits until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
Georgia UI Debit MasterCard Balance Check
To access your Georgia Way2Go Card unemployment balance and transaction history, please login to your GA Unemployment Card online account. To login, visit the Georgia Way2Go Card online account webpage here.
For more help with your Georgia UI Way2Go Card including help with online account login, unemployment payment schedule, and Way2Go Card transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your Georgia UI Way2Go Card for unemployment insurance payments, continue reading below.
Georgia Unemployment Card Account Login
If you need help logging into your Georgia Way2Go Card account to access your unemployment insurance benefit payments, follow the instructions provided below.
- Visit the Georgia Go Program website at www.goprogram.com.
- Enter your Georgia UI Way2Go Card User ID
- Click the green “Login” button to be taken to your Georgia Unemployment Card online account
You can also access your Georgia UI Way2Go Card online account via your smartphone app.
Georgia Unemployment Benefits Payment Schedule
Your Georgia UI benefit payments will be available in your GA Way2Go Debit MasterCard® account on your scheduled deposit day by 5pm on the banking day after your payment is deposited, received and processed. Please note that benefits will not be deposited until your scheduled date. For your specific unemployment insurance deposit date, contact your GDOL caseworker.
If you have questions about your Georgia unemployment payment, including when your benefits will be deposited to your Way2Go Card, please contact the GA Department of Labor. To contact the Georgia Department of Labor, call their Customer Service phone number at 404-232-3001.
You can also email them by visiting this page.
Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your Georgia Unemployment Debit MasterCard® by using “in-network” MoneyPass ATMs or MasterCard® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard® provides unlimited FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network MoneyPass ATM locations.
The Georgia Unemployment Card charged a $0.95 per transaction fee for any ATM Cash Withdrawals at out-of-network ATM locations.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the Georgia Way2Go Debit MasterCard® provides FREE unlimited bank teller withdrawals at MasterCard® Member Bank or Credit Union teller windows.
Georgia Way2Go Unemployment Card Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your Georgia UI Debit MasterCard® include:
- $0.10 fee for each mobile text alert for deposits after your one (1) FREE
- $0.50 fee for each request for Bill Pay through Go Program
- $0.95 fee per transaction for ATM cash withdrawals at out-of-network ATMs
- $0.95 fee per transaction for international ATM withdrawals + 3% conversion
- $1.50 fee per deposit transfer to a bank account
- $1.75 fee per month for account inactivity after 12 consecutive months of inactivity
- $4.50 fee for replacement cards after your one (1) FREE
- $14.50 fee for expedited 3-5 business day replacement card delivery
There are NO Fees for deposit notifications, point-of-sale transactions, cash back with purchase, ATM balance inquiries, contacting customer service, or transaction history requests.
How to Avoid Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your Georgia Unemployment Debit Card is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at MasterCard® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network MoneyPass ATM locations
- Access your balance and transaction history online
Georgia Way2Go Card Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and vishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, Way2Go Card Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your Georgia UI Way2Go Card account has been compromised, please call Georgia Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your GA unemployment insurance payments.
Georgia Unemployment Debit MasterCard Expiration
The Georgia UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard® is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new Georgia Unemployment Debit MasterCard® will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, call the Customer Service hotline at 1-866-569-4494 or login your Georgia Unemployment Card Way2Go online account to update your mailing address. Your new Georgia Way2Go Card cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your unemployment benefit payments.
Georgia Way2Go Card Help
For questions on your Georgia UI Debit MasterCard® for Unemployment Insurance Payments, please let us know in the comments section. If you need additional help getting your Georgia Unemployment Card balance and login, check out our detailed GA UI balance and login guide.
For help with your Georgia EPPICard for Child Support and TANF payments, check out our detailed Georgia EPPI Card guide.