The Iowa Unemployment Card is a Bank of America Debit Mastercard®. The Iowa Workforce Development Debit Mastercard is the fast, safe, and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Unemployment benefit payments. Iowa Workforce Development has implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their unemployment benefits. The Iowa Bank of America Unemployment Card is not subject to a credit check and is valid for three years from the date it is issued. For help with your IWD Mastercard® Debit Card, continue reading below.
Iowa Workforce Development Debit Card (IWD Card) by Bank of America
- Iowa Unemployment Debit Mastercard® can be used worldwide, anywhere Mastercard® is accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a secure way to access your Iowa Unemployment Insurance Payments
- Use your Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) Debit Card to make purchases in-store, online, or by phone and get cashback
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash fast at any Bank of America bank teller or ATM locations
- Unlimited 24/7 online access to your Iowa Unemployment Benefits Card balance and transaction history
- Customer service is available 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free Bank of America VISA® Debit Card Phone Number
How to Contact Iowa Bank of America Unemployment Debit Card Customer Service
For questions related to the Iowa Workforce Development Bank of America Mastercard® (IWD Card) for Unemployment benefits, please contact Bank of America IWD Card Customer Service. To contact Iowa Unemployment Card Customer Service, use the information provided below.
Iowa Unemployment Card Customer Service Phone Number
To contact Bank of America IWD Customer Service, call the phone number at 1-855-477-1137.
If you are deaf or hearing impaired and need assistance, please call the IWD Card TTY phone number at 1-866-656-5913.
For International callers, please call 423-262-1650 to contact the Iowa Bank of America Prepaid Debit Mastercard Customer Service.
Bank of America IWD Card Customer Service representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For additional help, you can also visit them online here.
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen IWD Debit Card
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your IWD Card
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
For questions concerning your Unemployment Insurance eligibility, claim or benefits, please contact the Iowa Workforce Development. You can visit their website online at iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov or call their customer service phone number at 1-866-239-0843.
IWD Card Customer Service Email
You can also email questions and comments about your Iowa Workforce Development Card to Bank of America Customer Service. The IWD Customer Service Email is [email protected]. Be sure to include your first and last name, mailing address, and the last 10-digits of your card number in the email.
How to Activate the Iowa IWD Debit MasterCard
To activate your Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) Prepaid Mastercard® by Bank of America, follow the instructions provided below.
There are two ways to activate your IWD Card – online and by phone.
Activate your IWD Unemployment Debit Card Online
To activate your card online, visit the Bank of America Iowa Unemployment Debit Card website. Select the “Activate My Card” menu item at the top of the page. After that, enter your Iowa Workforce Development Debit Mastercard number. Click the “Continue” button to setup your PIN and complete activating your IWD Card.
Activate your MD Unemployment Debit Mastercard by Phone
To activate your card by phone, call the customer service phone number at 1-855-477-1137. You will be required to set-up your 4-digit PIN to start using your card.
Before you can create your PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- Iowa Workforce Development Mastercard® number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive unemployment insurance payments until you have successfully activated your IWD Card and registered your PIN.
How to Use your Iowa Unemployment Debit Card
You can use your IWD Card to make purchases everywhere Debit MasterCard are accepted.
To make an IWD Card purchase with a signature:
- Present or Swipe your Card at the Point of Sale Terminal
- Choose the “Credit” Option
- Sign, then take your card and receipt
To make an IWD Debit Card purchase with a PIN:
- Swipe your card
- Choose the “Debit” Option
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
- Choose a Cashback Option or None
- Select the amount of Cash (if applicable)
- Take your card and receipt
Many grocery stores, convenience stores, and U.S. post offices offer cash back without a fee.
Iowa Bank of America Unemployment Card Balance Check
To access your Iowa Workforce Development Debit Card balance and transaction history, please login your Bank of America IWD Card online account.
To login, follow the instructions listed below:
- Visit the Bank of America Iowa Unemployment Card homepage at prepaid.bankofamerica.com/iwddebitcard.
- Click the “Sign In” button located at the top of the page.
- Enter your Iowa Unemployment Card online account Username and Password.
- Once logged in, your current available Iowa Unemployment Benefit balance will be displayed.
For more help with your Iowa Unemployment Card including online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
If you have the Iowa EPPICard for your Unemployment Insurance payments, check out our article here.
For help with your Iowa Workforce Development Prepaid Debit Mastercard for Unemployment Insurance payments by Bank of America, continue reading below.
Iowa IW Debit Card Online Account Login
If you need help logging into your Maryland Unemployment Card online account, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Bank of America IWD Card Website.
- Click the Sign In button located at the top of the page.
- Enter your Username
- Enter your Password/PIN
- View your current Iowa Unemployment Benefit Card balance
Iowa Unemployment Insurance Payment Schedule
Keep track of your Unemployment Insurance Debit Card payments and balance information by downloading the Bank of America Prepaid Card app from any app store.
Payment information is updated daily and is available through your Unemployment Insurance Online account or through the Bank of America Prepaid Card App on your phone.
Iowa Unemployment payments are available in your IWD Prepaid Debit Mastercard® account for use on the day your payment is deposited, received and processed.
Your Unemployment Insurance payments are posted in accordance with Unemployment monthly and weekly payment cycles. If you have questions about your Iowa Unemployment Insurance payments, including when your payment cycle, please contact Iowa Workforce Development. To contact Iowa Workforce Development, call their Customer Service phone number at 866-239-0843. You can also email them at [email protected].
Iowa Unemployment IWD Card ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your Iowa Bank of America Unemployment Debit Mastercard® by using “in-network” Bank of America ATMs or VISA® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The IWD Card provides FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network Bank of America ATM locations.
Any ATM Cash Withdrawal conducted at an out-of-network ATM is subject to a $1.25 per transaction fee after your one (1) FREE per week (4 per month).
For transactions outside of the United States, there is a $3.00 fixed fee, plus a 2% conversion fee for each International ATM Cash Withdrawal or Transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the Iowa Workforce Development Debit Card provides FREE withdrawals for your available balance at any VISA Member Bank or Credit Union location.</p
Iowa Unemployment Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your IWD Debit Card include:
- $5.00 card replacement fee that exceeds your one (1) FREE per year
- $12.50 fee for any replacement card with expedited delivery
- $15.00 fee for emergency cash transfers initiated through the Prepaid Debit Card Customer Service Center
How to Avoid Iowa Unemployment Debit MasterCard® Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your IWD Debit Card is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at MasterCard® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at Bank of America ATM locations
- Make balance inquiries online by using your Iowa Unemployment Card online account
Iowa Bank of America Unemployment Card Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and vishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, IWD Card Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your Iowa Unemployment Card account has been compromised, please call Iowa Bank of America Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your Iowa Unemployment Insurance payments.
Iowa Workforce Development Debit MasterCard® Expiration
The Iowa Debit MasterCard® is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new Iowa Unemployment Debit MasterCard® will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, please contact Customer Service hotline at 855-477-1137 (TTY: 866-656-5913). Your new Bank of America IWD Card cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your Iowa Unemployment Insurance benefit payments.
If you are receiving unemployment benefits in Iowa, but do not have the Bank of America IWD Card. Check out our complete article on the Iowa EPPICard for Unemployment here. The Iowa EPPICard is the original prepaid debit card for Iowa Unemployment Insurance payments.