The Maryland Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefit Card is a Bank of America VISA® Debit Card. The MD Unemployment VISA Card is the fast, safe, and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Unemployment Insurance payments. The Maryland Department of Labor (DOL) has implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their benefits payments. The MD Bank of America Unemployment Card is not subject to a credit check and is valid for three years from the date it is issued. For help with your Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card, continue reading below.
Maryland Bank of America Unemployment Card (Maryland Unemployment VISA® Debit Card)
- Maryland Unemployment VISA® Debit Cards can be used worldwide, anywhere VISA® is accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a secure way to access your Maryland Unemployment Insurance Payments
- Use your Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card to make purchases in-store, online, or by phone and get cashback
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash fast at any Bank of America bank teller or ATM locations
- Unlimited 24/7 online access to your Maryland UI Benefits Card balance and transaction history
- Customer service is available 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free Bank of America VISA® Debit Card Phone Number
How to Contact Maryland Bank of America Unemployment Debit Card
For questions related to the Maryland Bank of America VISA® Debit Card (Maryland UI Benefit Card) for Unemployment Insurance call the Bank of America toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-855-847-2029. They are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also visit them online here.
For International callers, please call 423-262-1650 to contact the Maryland Bank of America Prepaid VISA Debit Card Customer Service.
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen MD UI Benefit Debit Card
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your MD UI Benefit Debit Card
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
For questions concerning your Unemployment Insurance eligibility, please contact the Maryland DLLR. You can visit their website online at mdunemployment.com or by calling one of the following customer service phone numbers:
410-949-0022 (Baltimore Area or out-of-state callers)
1-800-827-4839 toll-free (All other Maryland counties)
How to Activate the Maryland UI Benefit Prepaid VISA Debit Card
To activate your Maryland Bank of America Prepaid VISA® Debit Card for Unemployment Insurance benefit payments, you can do so online or by phone. To find out how, follow the instructions below.
Activate your MD Unemployment VISA Debit Card Online
To activate your card online, visit the Bank of America Unemployment Debit Card website. Select the “Activate My Card” menu item at the top of the page. After that, enter your Maryland UI Benefit VISA Debit Card number.
Activate your MD Unemployment VISA Debit Card by Phone
To activate your card by phone, call the customer service phone number at 423-262-1650. You will be required to set-up your 4-digit PIN to start using your card.
Before you can create your PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Card Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive benefits payments until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
Maryland Bank of America Unemployment Card Balance Check
To access your Maryland UI Benefit Card balance and transaction history, please login your Maryland Bank of America Unemployment Card online account. To login, follow the instructions listed below:
- Visit the Bank of America MD Unemployment Card homepage at prepaid.bankofamerica.com/mduidebitcard/.
- Click the “Sign In” button located at the top of the page.
- Enter your MD Unemployment Card online account Username and Password.
- Once logged in, your current available Maryland UI Benefit balance will be displayed.
For more help with your Maryland Unemployment Card including online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your Maryland Bank of America Prepaid VISA Debit Card for Unemployment Insurance payments, continue reading below.
Maryland UI Benefit Card Online Account Login
If you need help logging into your Maryland Unemployment Card online account, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Bank of America Maryland UI Benefit Card Website.
- Click the Sign In button located at the top of the page.
- Enter your Username
- Enter your Password/PIN
- View your current MD Unemployment Benefit Card balance
Maryland Unemployment Insurance Payment Schedule
Keep track of your Unemployment Insurance Debit Card payments and balance information by downloading the Bank of America Prepaid Card app from any app store.
Payment information is updated daily and is available through your Unemployment Insurance Online account or through the Bank of America Prepaid Card App on your phone.
Maryland Unemployment payments are available in your MD UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card account for use on the day your payment is deposited, received and processed.
Your Unemployment Insurance payments are posted in accordance with Unemployment monthly and weekly payment cycles. If you have questions about your Maryland Unemployment Insurance payments, including when your payment cycle, please contact the Maryland Department of Labor. To contact the Maryland DLLR, call their Customer Service phone number at 1-877-293-4125.
Maryland Unemployment Benefit Card ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your Maryland Bank of America Unemployment VISA® Debit Card by using “in-network” Bank of America ATMs or VISA® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card provides FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network Bank of America ATM locations.
Any ATM Cash Withdrawal conducted at an out-of-network ATM is subject to a $1.25 per transaction fee after your six (6) FREE per month.
For transactions outside of the United States, there is a $1.50 fixed fee, plus a 1.5% conversion fee for each International ATM Cash Withdrawal or Transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card provides FREE withdrawals for your available balance at any VISA Member Bank or Credit Union location.
Maryland Unemployment Prepaid VISA® Debit Card Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card include:
- $3.00 card replacement fee that exceeds your one (1) FREE per year
- $10.00 fee for any replacement card with express delivery
- $10.00 fee for any replacement card with international delivery
- $15.00 fee for emergency cash transfers initiated through the Prepaid Debit Card Customer Service Center
How to Avoid Maryland Unemployment VISA® Debit Card Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at VISA® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at Bank of America ATM locations
- Make balance inquiries online by using your Maryland Online UI Benefit Card account
Maryland Bank of America Unemployment Card Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and vishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, UI Benefit Card Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your Maryland UI Benefit Card account has been compromised, please call Maryland Bank of America Prepaid VISA® Debit Card Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your Maryland Unemployment Insurance, Disability, and Family Leave payments.
Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card Expiration
The Maryland VISA® Debit Card is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, please contact Customer Service hotline at : 1-855-847-2029 (TTY: 1-866-656-5913). Your new Maryland UI Benefit VISA® Debit Card cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your Maryland Unemployment Insurance benefit payments.