If you are looking for assistance with your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits, we can help. In this article, we will help you access your Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits with the new Indiana Key2Benefits Card by Debit MasterCard.
We will also cover everything you need to know about the Key2Benefits MasterCard, including:
- Changes to the Indiana Unemployment Benefits Program
- Indiana Unemployment benefits with Key2Benefits MasterCard
- How to Activate Key2Benefits Card Indiana
- Create a Key2Benefits Online Account
- Key2Benefits Indiana Login Instructions
- How to check Indiana Unemployment Card Balance
- Indiana Key2Benefits Debit Card Transaction Fees
- Key2Benefits MasterCard Customer Service
For help with your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits, continue reading below.
Changes to Indiana Unemployment Benefits
As of February 2020, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) discontinued Unemployment Insurance payments to the Indiana EPPICard (Indiana VISA Debit Card).
You can now access your Indiana Unemployment benefits via direct deposit or the Key2Benefits Prepaid MasterCard. To set up your new payment option for your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits, please login the Uplink Client Self Service online portal.
Indiana Uplink Login
To login the Indiana Uplink Self Service online portal, click here.
You can use the Indiana Uplink online portal to file a new claim for unemployment insurance, check on the status of your unemployment benefits payment, access your IRS form 1099-G, and make changes to your benefits.
For help using the Uplink online portal, please the Indiana Unemployment Online Help Center.
To find out how to use the new Key2Benefits Prepaid MasterCard for your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits, keep reading below.
Key2Benefits MasterCard for Indiana Unemployment
The Key2Benefits MasterCard is Indiana’s new prepaid debit card for accessing Unemployment Insurance payments. Previously, the Indiana DWD used the Indiana VISA EPPICard for Unemployment Insurance payments. If you have the Indiana EPPICard, you can still use the remaining funds on the card. For help with your Indiana EPPICard for Unemployment, click here.
If you have an Indiana EPPICard, you will have to switch to the new Key2Benefits MasterCard to continue receiving Unemployment Insurance payments. For details on the Indiana Key2Benefits MasterCard for Unemployment benefits, continue below.
Key2Benefits Indiana Debit MasterCard
The Indiana Prepaid MasterCard® is the safe and convenient electronic payment system for receiving Unemployment Insurance payments. The Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their Unemployment payments.
The Key2Benefits Card Indiana can be used to make purchases anywhere MasterCard® debit cards are accepted. You can use your card for online, phone and mail order purchases.
You can also use your Key2Benefits Card to withdraw cash at ATMs, banks or credit unions, as well as get cash back at retailers. When you use your Key2Benefits MasterCard, funds are automatically deducted from your card balance.
If you are new to Key2Benefits and need help activating your card, follow the instructions below. If you have not received your Key2Benefits Card and need to check the status, click here.
How to Activate Indiana Key2Benefits Card
To activate your Indiana Key2Benefits Prepaid MasterCard® for Unemployment payments, call the toll-free phone number located on the back of the card at 866-295-2955.
When activating your card, please have the following information ready. You will be asked to provide:
- Key2Benefits Card number
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- The 3-digit CVV code on the back of your card
Once you call the phone number, you will hear a welcome greeting and be asked to follow a prompt. After that, please do the following:
- Press 1 to select “I have a card”
- Press 1 to select “Activate your card”
- Type or speak your complete Key2Benefits MasterCard number located on the front of your card
- Select a PIN number by entering it on the phone
Your Key2Benefits Card PIN number is used at ATMs and store location to make purchases and receive cashback. Please choose a number that you can remember, but cannot easily be guessed. Do not share this information with anyone.
Create Key2Benefits Indiana Online Account
After you have activated your Key2Benefits MasterCard for receiving Indiana Unemployment Insurance payments, you can now create your online account.
Your Key2Benefits online account can be used to access your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits and payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For help on how to create your Key2Benefits online account, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Key2Benefits.com website
- Enter in the first 9-digits of your Key2Benefits Card
- Click the green “Submit” button
- Click on “New User? Enroll Now!” at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your complete 16-digit Key2Benefits card number
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Put in your 3 -digit CVV Security Code located on the back of your card
- Click the “Continue” button
- Create your Key2Benefits Account User ID and Password for login
Once you have successfully created your Key2Benefits User ID and Password, you can now login your account using the instructions below.
Key2Benefits Indiana Login
To access your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits, follow these steps for the Key2Benefits Indiana login below:
- Visit the Key2Benefits.com online portal
- Enter in the first 9-digits of the Key2Benefits MasterCard number
- Click the green “Submit” button
- Enter your Key2Benefits account information – User ID and Password
- Click the “Continue” button when complete
To check the balance of your Indiana Unemployment Insurance benefits on your Key2Benefits Card, continue reading below.
Indiana Unemployment Card Balance
There are two ways to check the balance of your Unemployment Insurance benefits on your Key2Benefits Card – by phone and online.
Key2Benefits Indiana Balance Check Online
To check your Key2Benefits Card balance online, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the Key2Benefits website
- Login your Key2Benefits online account by typing the first 9-digits of your card number
- Click the red “Submit” button
- Your card balance will appear in top right-hand corner of the screen
If you cannot access your Key2Benefits Unemployment balance online, you can check your balance by phone.
Key2Benefits Indiana Balance Check by Phone
To check the balance of your Unemployment benefits on the Key2Benefits Card Indiana, call the customer service phone number at 866-295-2955 or 833-459-3452.
The Key2Benefits Call Center is available to provide help with your Indiana unemployment benefits balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can also help you activate your card, setup or change your PIN, and get your transaction history.
Indiana Key2Benefits Card Transaction Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your Indiana Key2Benefits MasterCard by using “in-network” KeyBank or Allpoint ATMs for cash withdrawals. You can also get cashback at any retailer displaying the MasterCard® logo.
The Indiana Key2Benefits MasterCard® EPPICard provides unlimited free ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network KeyBank or Allpoint ATM locations.
For transactions at out-of-network ATMs, the Indiana MasterCard will charge a fee per transaction.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the Indiana Key2Benefits Card provides free withdrawals at MasterCard Member Bank locations.
How to Avoid Indiana Key2Benefits Card Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your Indiana Key2Benefits Card is to:
- Get free cashback with purchases at MasterCard® merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at KeyBank or Allpoint ATM locations
- Keep your Indiana Debit MasterCard safe to avoid replacement
How to get a Replacement Key2Benefits Card Indiana
If your Key2Benefits MasterCard has been lost, stolen or damaged and you can no longer access your Indiana Unemployment benefits, contact customer support immediately.
Please call 833-459-3452 and ask to speak with a representative. You can select the “Lost/Stolen” option from the call menu and will be redirected to a customer service representative.
Key2Benefits Indiana Questions
We hope this article on the Indiana Key2Benefits Card was helpful to you! If you have more questions about your Key2Benefits Indiana Debit MasterCard for Unemployment benefits, please let us know in the comments section below.