The Virginia EPPICard (VA) is a prepaid debit card program offered by the Commonwealth Of Virginia to assist parents in obtaining child support payments and state employees earning paychecks. This program gives those who qualify the chance to seamlessly load funds and access payments online. The Virginia EPPICard offered is a MasterCard and can therefore be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted, including ATM’s bearing the MasterCard logo.
Benefits & Quick Facts
- Quick reception of funds. Deposits are posted on the banking day after your payments are received and processed.
- Versatility via prepaid debit. Easy access to cash by way of thousands of ATM’s worldwide. You can obtain cash charge free at all ATM’s bearing the MasterCard Acceptance Mark as well as cash back at retailers.
- Toll Free Customer Service. Unlimited access to their website all day, every day. You may access information regarding your account via the toll-free customer service telephone number 1-800-961-8423 or via the internet at www.eppicard.com
- Internet access to transaction and balance history. Each cardholder has the opportunity to create his or her own personal online account here. Through this online log-in you can manage all account transactions, check balances, and view history. Feel secure as your PIN and password are specific to you and funds are FDIC protected.
Fees Associated With Virginia Debit Card
- MoneyPass ATM Cash Withdrawals: $1.45 after five free
- Other ATM Cash Withdrawals: $1.45 each time
- Bank Teller Window: $2.50 after two free
- MoneyPass ATM Balance Inquiry: $0.50 after one free
- Other ATM Balance Inquiry: $0.50 each time
- ATM Denial: $0.50 after two free
- Domestic Bank Transfer: $1.50 each time
- Card Replacement: $5.00 after one free per 3 year period
- Expediated Card Replacement: $15.00
Virginia EPPICard Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Card?
Complete the Payment Options Form, choosing the Virginia Debit Card. Your card will be sent to you by mail. Activate your card immediately by selecting a PIN as instructed on the card carrier. You can use your card only after payments are made to your account.
How long does it take to receive Eppi Card in the mail?
Once your request has been approved and processed, it could take up to two weeks for you to receive your EPPICard by mail.
How do I verify or change my address for the Card?
Call customer service at this toll free number for questions, 1-800-961-8423. Customer Service should also be contacted for lost/stolen cards as well as transaction disputes.
Can I check my balance on my mobile device?
Yes! Virginia offers a free mobile balance inquiry which allows you to check your balance instantly via text message. To register call 1-800-961-8423 and select “account services” from the main menu options to enroll today.
EPPIcard Scam: Don’t Become A Victim
Have you received an email regarding your EPPIcard but do not have one? This could, and probably is, a scam. If you do not have a card, do not respond to any emails asking for account confirmation or security breaches. This is just a ploy to obtain your personal information. For those of you with EPPIcards, it is important to note that all account management should be done only online in your direct account and over the phone with customer service.
5 thoughts on “Virginia EPPICard Review”
How do I close my Virginia Eppicard account?
Hi, i need a statement of my account sent to email now. Of what was taking out
I WENT I ORDER A EPPICARD VIRGINIAN. PLEASE
Hi, I no longer have an Eppicard (had one years ago) and I am trying to get a new one, but every time I call your customer service number1-800-961-8423 repeatedly hangs when I get to the section that is supposed to connect me to a customer service agent – this has happened 5 times (my address has also changed and I cannot get a replacement card to my current address unless I actually speak to someone). Your Website claims 24/7 service – this is clearly not the case. I’m going to have to call the unemployment office of my state and inform them that your service is not working – so I can go through them to work out some kind of an alternative. If, you have another number which I can call – please message me. Thank you 240-559-8797
ok so I needed to also update my address — for the first time in 5 years I have figured out how to get someone — yes a live person — on the phone!! I ignored the “voice” when I was prompted to enter my card #. Instead when asked if I would like information on the new card being sent out to me (???) I pressed that button and it automatically connected me to a human! I also mentioned this to guy whom I spoke with and his advice (verbatim) was when prompted to enter your card #, enter it WRONG – you’ll be connected to a person.
Comments are closed.