The Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard® is the safe and convenient electronic payment system for receiving unemployment insurance, cash assistance, child support, payroll, and child care payments. The Commonwealth of Virginia has implemented the electronic payment system to reduce fraud and provide recipients with immediate access to their benefit payments.
The Virginia Way2Go Card is currently issued for the following government assistance programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Unemployment Insurance (UI)
- Electronic Child Care (ECC)
- Child Support
For help with your Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard®, continue reading below.
Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard®
- Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard® can be used worldwide, anywhere MasterCard® is accepted
- FDIC Insured and PIN protected for a secure way to access your Virginia Benefits Payments
- Use your Virginia Way2Go Cash Benefits Card to make purchases & get cash back at MasterCard® merchants
- No Monthly Maintenance Fees & Get Cash at any MasterCard® bank teller or MoneyPass ATM locations
- Unlimited 24/7 online access to your Virginia Way2Go MasterCard® balance and transaction history
- Customer service is available 24/7 by contacting the Toll-Free Debit MasterCard® Phone Number
How to Contact Virginia Debit MasterCard
For questions related to the Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard®, call their toll-free Customer Service phone number at 1-800-961-8423. You can also visit them online at www.goprogram.com.
For International callers, please contact Customer Service using the phone number listed on the back of your card. Virginia Way2Go Card Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Occasionally the Way2Go fraud prevention team may call you to verify if a specific transaction. If they do call you, they will NEVER ask for your social security number (SSN) or PIN number. Do not provide that information to anyone over the phone.
If you are unsure if a call is legitimate, hang up and call the Way2Go toll-free customer service phone number listed on the back of the card.
You can call customer service to do the following:
- Report a lost or stolen VA Way2Go Card
- Check your balance
- Change your PIN
- Review transaction history
- Register a complaint about your VA Way2Go Card
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
How to Activate Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard
To activate your Virginia Debit MasterCard® to receive your cash assistance payments, call the toll-free phone number at 1-800-861-8423 to set up your PIN and start using your card today.
Before you can create your 4-digit PIN, you will be asked to provide:
- Virginia Debit MasterCard® Number
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Once complete, you will be asked to select your four (4) digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You will be asked to enter your PIN a second time for verification.
Please note: You cannot receive your cash benefits until you have successfully activated your card and registered your PIN.
Virginia Debit MasterCard Balance Check
To access your Virginia Way2Go Card balance and transaction history, please login your VA Way2Go online account. To login, visit your the VA Way2Go Card account home page here.
For more help with your Virginia Way2Go Card including help with online account login, payment schedule, and transaction fees, then continue reading below.
For help with your Virginia Way2Go Card for benefits payments, continue reading below.
Virginia Benefits Card Account Login
If you need help logging into your Virginia Way2Go Card account to access your unemployment insurance, child support, child care, TANF cash assistance, and payroll payments, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Virginia Go Program website at www.goprogram.com.
- Enter your VA Way2Go Card User ID
- Click the green “Login” button to be taken to your VA Way2Go Card online account
You can also access your Virginia Way2Go Card online account via your smartphone app.
Virginia Benefits Payment Schedule
Your Virginia benefits payments will be available in your VA Way2Go Debit Mastercard® account on your scheduled deposit day by 5pm on the banking day after your payment is deposited, received and processed. Please note that benefits will not be deposited until your scheduled date. For your specific unemployment, child support, child care, payroll, or TANF cash assistance deposit date, contact your Virginia caseworker.
If you have questions about your Virginia Benefits, including when your payments will be deposited to your Way2Go Card, please contact the Commonwealth of Virginia. To contact the Commonwealth of VA, call their Customer Service phone number at 804-786-0000.
Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees
Avoid Transaction fees and Service charges with your Virginia Debit MasterCard® by using “in-network” MoneyPass ATMs or MasterCard® Bank Tellers for cash withdrawals.
The Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard® provides unlimited FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network MoneyPass ATM locations.
The VA Way2Go Card permits two (2) FREE ATM Cash Withdrawals per month at out-of-network ATM locations. Any ATM Cash Withdrawals over your two free monthly withdrawals will incur a $1.00 transaction fee.
For Bank Teller Cash Withdrawals, the VA Way2Go Debit MasterCard® provides FREE unlimited bank teller withdrawals at MasterCard® Member Bank or Credit Union teller windows.
Virginia Way2Go Card Transaction Fees & Charges
Additional fees associated with your VA Debit MasterCard® include:
- $0.50 fee for each request for Bill Pay through Go Program
- $1.25 fee for each month of inactivity that exceeds 14 months
- $1.35 fee for international ATM withdrawals + 3% conversion per transaction
- $5.00 fee for replacement cards after your one (1) FREE
- $20.00 fee for expedited 3-5 business day replacement card delivery
There are NO Fees for funds transfers, ATM balance inquiries, contacting customer service, or transaction history requests.
How to Avoid Virginia Way2Go Debit MasterCard Fees
The best ways to avoid fees with your VA Debit MasterCard® is to:
- Get Free Cash Back with your purchase at MasterCard® approved merchant locations
- Make ATM Cash Withdrawals at in-network ATM locations
- Transfer your funds to another bank account to pay bills online
Virginia Way2Go EPPICard Fraud & Scams
Please be aware that there are current reports of phishing emails, cell phone text messages, and vishing phone calls that are intended to obtain personal and/or card information. Phishing and vishing is a type of scam designed to steal your personal information.
We will never request any of your personal information such as Social Security Number, Way2Go Card Number or PIN through our website. We highly recommend that you DO NOT respond to requests like these.
Being informed is your best defense. If you believe your Virginia Way2Go Card account has been compromised, please call Virginia Debit MasterCard® Customer Service as soon as possible. Submitting a request to report your card as lost or stolen will help to protect your Virginia Benefits payments.
Virginia Debit MasterCard Expiration
The VA Way2Go Debit MasterCard® is good for three (3) years. If your card is about to expire, a new Virginia Debit MasterCard® will be mailed out to you approximately 30-days before the Expiration Date listed on your card.
If your mailing address has changed since your card was issued, call the Customer Service hotline at 1-800-961-8423) or login your VA Way2Go online account to update your mailing address. Your new Virginia Way2Go Card cannot be forwarded to your new address. If they do not have your correct address, you may experience delays in receiving your Virginia Benefit Payments.
Virginia Way2Go Card Help
For more information on your Virginia Debit MasterCard® for Benefit Payments, check out our detailed Virginia Way2Go Card article.