The Texas EPPIcard (TX), also known as the Texas debit card, is a prepaid card program implemented in 2006 by the state of Texas. These cards are issued in an attempt to satisfy the needs of custodial parents receiving child support payments as well as unemployment payments in some cases. Payments are automatically loaded to the card and are able to be redeemed at millions of locations, anywhere Visa is accepted as well as Wells Fargo and 7-11 ATM machines – this important in order to dodge any surcharges.
Card Quick Facts and Benefits:
- Free cash back with purchases from many retailers. Make sure to look for the Visa or Interlink logos in order to identify participating merchants. Locations bearing these logos, including banks, will provide cash withdrawals at no cost to Texas EPPIcard holders
- Access to balance and transaction history on the internet. Users have the ability to create an online account to track spending and current balances. If you are a new user, visit here to create an account. Note: You must have a card to create an account. Already have an account and User ID? Go Here to log in.
Fees Associated With This Card:
- Wells Fargo ATM cash withdrawals: $1.25 after two free
- Other ATM cash withdrawals: $1.25 each time
- Bank teller window: $2.00 after two free
- ATM balance inquiry: $.50 each time
- ATM denial: $.50 after two free
- Card replacement: $5.00
- Expedited card delivery: $15.00
Texas EPPIcard Frequently Asked Questions
How do I verify or change my address for Texas EPPIcard?
Call customer service at 1-866-729-6159 to verify or update your address.
Will the Postal Service forward me my EPPIcard if my mailing address has changed?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) WILL NOT “forward” your new Texas Debit Card to you if your mailing address has changed.
When do I get my new EPPIcard if my old one is expiring?
Check the “Good Thru” date on the front of your card and look for your replacement in the mail the month it is due to expire. If you do not receive your new Texas Debit Card by the 20th of the “Good Thru” month, please contact EPPICard Customer Service at 1-866-729-6159.
Can I rent a car with my Texas EPPIcard?
No, you must use a MasterCard or Visa associated with a bank account.
EPPIcard Scam: Don’t Become A Victim
Have you recieved an email regarding EPPIcard help or fraudulent charges to your EPPIcard but do not have one? This could, and probably is, a scam. If you do not have an EPPIcard, do not respond to any emails asking for account confirmation or security breaches. This is just a ploy to obtain your personal information. For those of you with EPPIcards, it is important to note that all account management should be done only online in your direct account (on the official website) and over the phone with customer service.
For more information on the Texas EPPIcard, click here.