The Eppicard Florida Visa is a Prepaid debit Card issued by the State Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and is sometimes called the Florida Unemployment Card. It is issued by Wells Fargo. Here is how it works:
If you qualify to receive unemployment benefits through the state, your payments will be automatically deposited onto your Florida Eppicard as a convenience to you. Once you are signed up, everything is supposed to work without any effort on your part. On a monthly basis, your funds are deposited into your account on the due date.
If you need to reach Customer Service for the Eppicard Florida Visa, see the information below for details:
Eppicard Florida Visa – Customer Service Help
For the EPPICard Florida Visa, You can call customer service by dialing toll free 1-888-898-3584 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are allowed to make five free calls each month. After that, you will be charged for each additional call. If you are calling from outside the US, you can call collect at 1-866-601-2850. You can call for help for the following issues:
- Check Your Eppicard Balance
- Select or Change Your Personal Identification Number (Pin Number)
- Review Transaction History
- Ask Questions about How to Use your Card
- Dispute suspicious transactions you see on your card
- Report your card lost or stolen – You should do this immediately or as soon as you realize you don’t have your card (this will help prevent identity theft)
- Set Up phone deposit notification, so that you get a text message on your phone when the money is deposited in your account.
If you encounter problems reaching out to customer service (about your EPPICard Florida Visa) or getting a live person on the phone, you should call your state unemployment office and reach out to the department in charge of managing the EPPIcard program. This is because while the state outsourced the management of the program for better customer service, we have received eppicard complaints about poor service. You can see a host of them here.